Una de las palabras inglesas que forma frases hechas muy interesantes es la palabra heart:
1- to take everything to heart: “tomarse todo a pecho”, significa ofenderse una persona por una cosa o considerarla demasiado en serio.
- Yumiko seemed very upset after classes yesterday. She was really hurt by the teacher’s comment about her dress.
- Of course Stuart was only kidding and didn’t mean to hurt her but you know how she takes everything to heart.
2- my heart was in my mouth: ”tener el corazón en un puño”, significa una gran angustia o ansiedad.
- How did you feel when you got a call from the hospital?
- My heart was in my mouth. I thought maybe my Dad had had a heart attack.
3- from the bottom of one’s heart : ”de todo corazón”, significa de buena gana, con amor.
- Thank you for the kind words you said about me during the ceremony.
- I meant everything I said. They were from the bottom of my heart. I really am eternally grateful for your help.