En el post de hoy contemplaremos los significados del verbo fall cuando se convierte en Phrasal Verb.
1- to fall apart (to break into pieces): “caerse a pedazos, deshacerse”.
- Mr. Gorbachev, when you became Soviet leader was it your intention to break up theSoviet Union?
- Not at all. I never wanted the USSRto fall apart.
2- to fall behind with sth (to not make fast enough progress by a certain time): “quedarse atrás, retrasarse”.
- Why are you suggesting that Manuel should have extra private English classes?
- Because he has fallen behind the other students. He needs to catch up with the rest of the class.
3- to fall for sb or sth (to be romantically attracted to them, fall in love with them): “enamorarse de, quedarse encantado con”.
- Daddy, what happened when you met Mummy?
- I fell for her at first sight. I asked her to marry me an hour after I met her.